Monday 5 October 2015

The Irish festival of Oulu 2015

A chairde!
(it means friends/dear all)
That was Irish Gaelic if you didn't know...':D

Last week we had our annual Irish festival here in Oulu. It was a big celebration because it was the 10th Irish festival of Oulu, so far. The last two years I went to see Gaelic football matches but this year instead of watching the Gaelic football tournament, I learnt some Irish Gaelic.
(I'm not sure with word to use so I mostly use both of them)

The language course was during Friday, Saturday and Sunday overall 8 hours. Our teacher came all the way from Ireland and she was awesome. She taught us the basics to have a conversation in Gaelic and a couple of songs.



On Sunday I went to The Chieftains' concert. It was the ending/closing concert of the festival so the place, where the concert was held, was very crowded. I enjoyed the gig a lot and I would be very happy if I could listen to them live again.

I'm really looking forward to next year because then I'll be 18, so there will be more events that I can participate. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment